Education and Events
- This event has passed.
November 25 @ 8:00 am - November 27 @ 4:30 pm
Course Description: This course addresses the needs of both general contractors and subcontractors to have effective processes to develop reliable cost estimates and prices. Participants in this course will learn how to develop and submit a construction bid. This is accomplished through a series of real world, hands-on exercises to understand the key issues at each stage of the estimating and bid process.
Course Objectives: This course will ensure that students understand the key concepts and methods used to price proposals. We recommend students be familiar with reading construction drawings and have a general understanding of construction project tendering and contracting practices.
- Reviewing the project life cycle and alternative methods of contracting for construction projects
- Defining the role of estimation throughout the project life cycle
- Understanding “preliminary estimating methods” (ie. estimating techniques used during project planning and prior to tendering
- Reviewing the UniFormat and MaterFormat standards for organizing information about construction projects
- Detailing the relationship between procurement law and processes and detailed estimating
- Understanding how estimators use construction cost estimating to develop a bid price
- Describing and applying the processes used to develop detailed cost estimates, including quantity takeoff, costing and mark-up.
- Discussing the processes used to finalize and submit a bid.
Your Presenter: Gerald is a professional Gold-Seal certified (P.GSC) construction manager with over 40+ years’ experience managing large-scale residential, commercial, industrial and environmental projects throughout Western Canada and the United States.
Who Should Attend: Owner/Principal, Procurement, Project Managers, Supervisors/Foreman
This Course is Alberta Job Grant and Gold Seal Eligible