Education and Events
- This event has passed.
Project Management Tools & Techniques
October 1 @ 8:00 am - October 2 @ 4:30 pm
This interactive, 2-day workshop introduces participants to the Five-Step Project Management Approach: Define, Plan, Execute, Control, and Close. The instruction, exercises, and groupwork are designed to give participants hands-on practice using critical project-management tools and techniques – techniques that can be immediately applied to participants’ real-life projects. Participants will also build communication skills that will increase their effectiveness leading project teams.
- Write a project charter
- Write a project scope statement
- Create a four-level work breakdown structure
- Set quality standards and a quality control plan
- Develop a procurement plan
- Carry out a stakeholder’s analysis
- Develop a risk management plan
- Estimate project costs
- Create a realistic and achievable schedule
- Develop a communication plan
- Evaluate critical contract administration issues and take corrective actions
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations and relationships
- Solve issues related to scope changes
Over the two days, participants will build up a Project Management Toolbox: a collection of checklists, forms, and schedules that will enable them to plan and execute any project, regardless of its type, size or complexity.
Your Presenter: Dr. Sami Fahmy is founder and president of the Performance Excellence Institute, a consulting firm dedicated to teaching and supporting the latest and most advanced approaches to Project and Construction Management. Dr. Fahmy is a Civil Engineer by education and a Project Manager by education and training. He has 40+ years of PM practical experience covering a wide range of Project Management and technical areas, including 30 years with Public Works and Government Services Canada, where he led and oversaw the training of Project Managers.